How Electrology Works
Electrolysis uses a low level of electrical current to remove the hair permanently. The current is delivered to the Dermal Papilla, which is the source of nourishment for the hair located at the base of the follicle, and the productive organ or matrix of the hair through a very fine, sterilized probe inserted into the follicle along the hair shaft. Once the current is applied and the papilla and the reproductive organ or matrix of the hair is destroyed, no further hair growth will occur.
Occasionally, repeated treatments are necessary to achieve permanency. However, hair that does return is thinner and less resilient. Once the dermal papilla is completely eliminated, new hair growth from the follicle is absolutely impossible. All other methods of hair removal are not permanent. Tweezing and waxing will remove the hair shaft from the follicle, but will not destroy the life source of the hair, thus return growth is certain.
Our electrolysis services include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Bikini Line
- Facial Hair
- All treatments are scheduled by appointment only.
- Except in an emergency, all cancellations should be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Failure to keep or cancel an appointment will result in billing as usual.
- Payments are made by personal check or cash upon completion of the treatment.
- Promptness is requested. We try to begin and end appointments on schedule. Please be on time or even early to avoid losing treatment time.
- All consultation and treatment sessions are held in the strictest confidence.